about me

I wonder if all that I am, and all that I ever will be, is a dream within a dream.

I am after all, a meticulous machine. I am a work of art, crafted by the love child of a mad scientist and a brilliant philosopher.

My heart, my veins, my organs, they all dance to the same melody. They spin and dip at precisely the right moments, making sure I can feel the caress of a lover’s touch and the lick of a burning flame, and be able to tell the difference. But sometimes, the music halts suddenly, and like a broken record, I am left to listen to the same melody over and over – a punishment. (for all the hearts I’ve stolen and all the souls I’ve broken)

I used to think I was too perfect to be a product of reality.

With my sunset orbs that are able to see beauty, pain, and regret. I watch the waves of the ocean kiss the shore. I see now that my eyes are a curse, drawing in love that I know I will never be able to understand. 

My mind must have been moulded in a misty world covered in stardust. I am a living contradiction, fire and water, silk and sword, nothing and everything. I am shutting out emotion until ice replaces my blood, and I am an all encompassing love in a heartbreak bound passage.

I am a red rose, enchanting at first, my petals seducing trembling fingertips and leaving my scent upon their collarbones for days. But I am bound to wilt, and when I do, you’ll wish you had never touched me.

My body is a hotel room, a weekend getaway where lovers go to forget reality and enter a world of make believe – until they long for the comfort of their home. And so they go, leaving my doors open for another visitor, another stranger, another lover.

I have created a world of my own, of dreams and illusions. It is the only place I can exist.

I am a dream within a dream, and perhaps that is why the rest of this logic filled world does not understand me.

gif made by the endlessly talented https://giphy.com/xavieralopez (where i get almost all of my gifs)