October Reading Ladder

Macbeth– William Shakespeare  (192 pages)

macbethandbanquo-witches

Macbeth, one of Shakespeare’s most famous tragedies, tells the story of a noble kinsman named Macbeth. He is brought into a world of fate and destiny, attempting to play with both and manipulate the prophecies he receives in a way that will contribute to attaining the power he lusts for.

The Poisonwood Bible– Barbara Kingsolver (546 pages)

poisonwoodbible

A novel told by the perspective of various members of the Price’s, a missionary family who move to the village of Kilanga in the Belgian Congo from the United States. They evolve and change with the drastic shift in culture, building new identities and experiencing the world of another nation.

Dirty Pretty Things– Michael Fauded (265 pages)

img_4907

An intricate book of poetry focused on the themes of lust, love, and identity.

Total Number of Pages: 1003

Per Week: 250

Per Day: 35

I’m really happy with my reading this month because I read a fiction novel that was at a much higher level than the books I usually read. I really think this will help me with my cold reads and my writing in general. I’m still working on completing my goals from last month because my main focus recently has been on Macbeth, the text I’m studying in English. Keeping up with the Shakespearian language and getting to the matter of the scenes and text  has been quite difficult, but as long as I keep up with my notes and studying I should be fine.